28 November 2021 1:00 - 3:00 pm EST
Anatomical and Biomechanical Principles of Alignment for Dance
This webinar will introduce principles relevant to the maintenance of functional and safe genre-specific static and dynamic alignment.
This interactive webinar is the fifth in a series of webinars on healthy dance practice. It will introduce participants to principles relevant to the maintenance of functional and safe genre-specific static and dynamic alignment. Participants will explore fundamentals of anatomy and biomechanics, and how they apply to dancers’ abilities and technique.
This webinar includes some simple, stationary movement components.
This webinar is Core Principle 5 of the Safe in Dance International (SiDI) Healthy Dance Practice Certificate (HDPC), a certificate that participants may choose to undertake while completing the webinar series. Those who choose to pursue the HDPC certificate will be referred to the course tutor to liaise with Safe in Dance International. An additional fee to SiDI is required to pursue certification, which will be co-ordinated between the participant, course tutor, and Safe in Dance International. The 2022 sessions will be available for registration shortly. Please find the schedule below, with all sessions taking place from 1-3pm:
- CP 6: Individual Anatomical Anomalies & Adaptations in Dance – Jan 23/22
- CP 7: Group Specific Needs & Risk Factors in Dance – Feb 27/22
- CP 8: Dance Warm Up & Cool Down – Apr 21/22
- CP 9: Integrated & Complementary Conditioning for Dance – May 19/22
- CP10: Structuring, Sequencing, Progressing, & Learning Considerations in Dance Part I – June 9/22 Structuring, Sequencing, Progressing, & Learning Considerations in Dance Part II – June 23/22
- Explore fundamental aspects of human anatomy;
- Explore fundamental aspects of biomechanics and consider force and motion factors within the dance context;
- Examine general concepts of alignment and dance technique and discuss how to address common problems;
- Discuss the practical elements of assessing and encouraging functional bone and muscle relationships, and the maintenance of safe biomechanical alignment in stylistic frameworks.
- Have an increased understanding of functional anatomy and biomechanics, and be able to gauge the current abilities of dancers;
- Have greater understanding of how to effectively communicate, promote, and provide feedback on healthy style-specific alignment;
- Recognize technical deviations from ideal alignment and the potential impact of ineffective or inadequate technique on safe execution of genre-specific movement;
- Be equipped with knowledge of the fifth core principle of Safe in Dance International’s Healthy Dance Practice Certificate (HDPC), a certificate that participants may choose to undertake while completing the webinar series.
This activity is worth 2 hours of Time-Valued CPD.Book Now
|1:00 - 3:00 pm EST||2 hours||$35: Teaching Members, including those enrolled on the CBTS programme |
$45: Teaching Non-Members
Who can attend?
- Teachers, including those enrolled on the CBTS programme.
How to apply
Only those who have purchased tickets via Eventbrite AND have registered through Zoom will be able to access the webinar. Once you have registered for the webinar, you will receive access to the live version as well as the recording which will be sent out post webinar.
Note: All participants must register individually.