20 February 2023 9:00 am - 11:00 am PST (Pacific)
Developing Effective Feedback Strategies
This interactive webinar takes a fresh look at the role and function of feedback in movement skills learning. Participants will be guided through research from the motor skills learning and performance field on optimum feedback frequency and timing for maximum student comprehension, implementation and motivation (Wulf, 2010).
- Re-visit the role and function of feedback in motor skills learning.
- Introduce the FACTS of feedback – Formative, Actionable, Clear, Timely, Supportive – component elements of effective feedback (Wiggins 2012).
- Present research from the motor skills learning and performance field on optimal feedback frequency and timing (Wulf, 2010).
- Reflect upon feedback strategies of self and others with consideration to content, structure, frequency and timing.
- Develop feedback skills to enhance the efficiency of teaching feedback, particularly considering the learning challenges of the once-a-week student.
- Have an understanding from the research literature of the optimal timing and frequency of feedback.
- Have explored direct examples of an optimal feedback structure using an external focus of attention to enhance retention.
Clare Guss-West MA, is an RAD PTS, former professional dancer, choreographer, holistic health practitioner and author. She currently presents attention and focus training for professional companies such as The Royal Ballet, Finnish National Ballet, Houston Ballet and has contributed training for RAD PDPTC and BABE courses, CPD for RAD USA and Canada and featured at the RAD En Avant Conference 2016.
Clare teaches regularly for the Pôle National Superieure de Danse, Rosella Hightower and the University of Nice, France, Bern University, MAS Dance Science, Switzerland and UQAM, Canada.
She is chair of Dance for Health for IADMS (The International Association of Dance, Medicine and Science) and co-founder of the European Dance & Creative Wellness Foundation raising public awareness of the health and wellbeing benefits of dance.
Online via Zoom
2 hours Time-Valued CPD
Members of the Royal Academy of Dance receive discounts on all CPD activities.
Terms and Conditions
For details on how your information is processed, please see the CPD Privacy Notice. Please also read our Terms and Conditions.
The online workshop will be hosted on Zoom. Zoom’s privacy notice is available here.
|9:00 am - 11:00 am PST (Pacific)||2 hours||Member $40 USD |
Non-Member: $45 USD