6 August 2023 9:30am - 5:00pm PDT
Grades 4 and 5: Focus on Character (USA)
A one-day practical course in which participating teachers gain an understanding of the character content from Grades 4 and 5. Teachers will be provided with information to support the learning and performance of the three character dances from each Grade. The examination criteria will be considered in relation to the necessary technical, artistic and musical aspects of the work.
The ‘Grades 4 & 5: Focus on Character’ course has been developed to support teachers in developing their knowledge and understanding of the different styles and qualities necessary to establish the identifying character movements from each country. Appropriate development exercises are provided to enhance the students’ learning and performance of the necessary technique, musical appreciation and artistry required for Examinations, Class Awards and Solo Performance Awards.
On completion of the course you will:
- Demonstrate and understand the character technique required at each level
- Demonstrate the different styles and qualities of movement required at each level
- Appreciate and understand the various rhythms and styles from the relevant countries associated with each Grade
- Have an understanding of suitable strategies to help motivate students to enjoy expressive movement relating to the atmosphere of the music
- Have knowledge and understanding of the appropriate build-ups and development exercises relating to all character dances to support the development of the technique artistry and music appreciation
- Have knowledge and understanding of the criteria relating to the character work within Examinations, Class Awards and Solo Performance Awards
Bend, OR or Online via Zoom*
*A recording of the course will not be available.
8 hours Time-Valued CPD
Members of the Royal Academy of Dance receive discounts on all CPD activities.
Terms and ConditionsBook Now
|9:30am - 5:00pm PDT