26 May 2022 1:30 - 3:30 pm
Learning Styles: Personal Preferences and Types of Intelligence Webinar
This interactive webinar will examine theoretical models (V-A-K, 4MAT Learning Styles, Gardner Multiple Intelligences Theory) that address dance students’ diverse learning styles, as well as teacher preferences. You will also explore helpful teaching strategies and approaches according to students’ personal preferences and learning styles, personal strengths, and difficulties.
The aims of this webinar are to:
- Learn about students’ diverse personal preferences and learning styles, in the context of dance training.
- Identify how Learning-style theories may be applied to dance teaching.
On completion of the webinar, you will:
- Have gained knowledge and understanding of the wide spectrum of dance students’ learning styles.
- Have reflected on your own learning styles that may create biases in your current teaching approach.
- Be able to incorporate a range of dance teaching strategies and approaches according to students’ personal preferences and learning styles, personal strengths and difficulties.
2 hours Time-Valued, regardless if attending live or viewing the recording.
Tutor: Jo-Anne La Flèche
Jo-Anne La Flèche is a clinical psychologist at L’École Supérieure de Ballet du Québec, a professional dance school based in Montréal, where she teaches performance psychology to students, psycho-pedagogy to dance educators, and provides counseling sessions.
She has given workshops and lectures to the Performing Arts Medical Association (PAMA), the International Association for Dance Medicine and Science (IADMS), the RAD/Canadian Contemporary Dance Theatre’s SunDance, and the Dance Bridge Project. She is a psychology consultant for Dance Magazine and Dance Teacher Magazine, and a contributor to the Dance Current.
She is the current Co-President of Healthy Dancer Canada and is a member of PAMA, IADMS, The Dance/USA Task Force on Dancer Health, and the International Working Group on Personal Safety.
|1:30 - 3:30 pm||2 Hours||$30 Members |
Who can attend?
Members and Non-Members.
How to apply
Click the ‘Book Now’ button.
The webinar will be be presented via Zoom, and will be recorded and made available to all registrants.