17 October 2021 1:00 - 3:00 pm EDT
Psychological and Social Aspects of Dance Practice
This webinar will address psychological and social considerations that contribute to a safe, supportive, and inclusive learning environment.
This interactive webinar is the fourth in a series of webinars on healthy dance practice. It will introduce participants to psychological and social considerations that contribute to a safe, supportive, and inclusive learning environment by using and promoting appropriate behaviours such as positive self-concept, motivation, and stress management.
This webinar is Core Principle 4 of the Safe in Dance International (SiDI) Healthy Dance Practice Certificate (HDPC), a certificate that participants may choose to undertake while completing the webinar series. Those who choose to pursue the HDPC certificate will be referred to the course tutor to liaise with Safe in Dance International. An additional fee to SiDI is required to pursue certification, which will be co-ordinated between the participant, course tutor, and Safe in Dance International. The 2022 sessions will be available for registration shortly. Please find the schedule below, with all sessions taking place from 1-3pm:
- CP 5: Anatomical & Biomechanical Principles of Alignment for Dance – Nov 28/21
- CP 6: Individual Anatomical Anomalies & Adaptations in Dance – Jan 23/22
- CP 7: Group Specific Needs & Risk Factors in Dance – Feb 27/22
- CP 8: Dance Warm Up & Cool Down – Apr 21/22
- CP 9: Integrated & Complementary Conditioning for Dance – May 19/22
- CP10: Structuring, Sequencing, Progressing, & Learning Considerations in Dance Part I – June 9/22 Structuring, Sequencing, Progressing, & Learning Considerations in Dance Part II – June 23/22
- Enhance awareness and understanding of psychological and social aspects that affect dancers’ well-being;
- Explore various psychological skills that can positively support performance;
- Discuss the importance of codes of conduct and consider moral responsibilities;
- Discuss the practical elements of creating and maintaining a safe learning and practice environment through appropriate communication according to participant group.
- Have gained knowledge of how to cultivate and maintain a healthy working environment by using and promoting appropriate behaviours in the dance learning environment;
- Have a greater understanding of how to encourage and enhance positive self-concept in dancers;
- Be able to integrate strategies in the dance session that help dancers develop intrinsic motivation, cope with stress, and enhance their performance;
- Be equipped with knowledge of the fourth core principle of Safe in Dance International’s Healthy Dance Practice Certificate (HDPC), a certificate that participants may choose to undertake while completing the webinar series.
This activity is worth 2 hours of Time-Valued CPD.Book Now
|1:00 - 3:00 pm EDT||2 hours||$35: Teaching Members, including those enrolled on the CBTS programme |
$45: Teaching Non-Members
Who can attend?
- Teachers, including those enrolled on the CBTS programme.
How to apply
Only those who have purchased tickets via Eventbrite AND have registered through Zoom will be able to access the webinar. Once you have registered for the webinar, you will receive access to the live version as well as the recording which will be sent out post webinar.
Note: All participants must register individually.