Become an RAD Teacher (inactive)
Change in your circumstances but still want to stay connected as a teaching member?
If you are not dance teaching and are eligible for RAD Registered Teacher status, then our membership category, RAD Teacher (inactive), could be a more suitable option for you. As an RAD Teacher you will stay connected to the RAD, receiving a selection of benefits that will help support you whilst you take a permanent or temporary break from dance teaching of one year or more.
This category suits FoE Graduates that are taking a break before they start dance teaching, people that are working in other sectors and no longer dance teaching, people in full-time education, not currently working, on maternity, paternity, adoption leave or retired.
RAD Teacher fee $195
Reduced rate $125
Join us now
“I worked hard and am proud to be an RAD teacher, registered for over 25 years. I have taken time out to study at university, I hope to resume some form of teaching afterwards.” – RAD Teacher
Benefits and discounts
As an RAD Teacher you:
- maintain access to our online Members’ Area where you can access all of the information you need
- will be kept up-to-date with regular e-newsletters and copies of the all-new digital Dance Gazette
- will keep connected to the dance teaching profession with access to our Global Jobs Board, CPD courses and key teaching resources
- save 10% with the RAD Shop both online and in store
- free visits to The Wolfson Library which houses one of the largest specialist dance collections in the UK, including rare books, theatre programmes, photographs, costume designs, pictures, and artefacts
- receive substantial discounts on CPD courses and 20% off dance studio and room bookings
- You will also get access to Hospital and Medical Care at competitive rates (UK and Ireland only).
The following inactive dance teachers are eligible for RAD Teacher at the full rate:
- Working, but not in dance teaching
The following inactive dance teachers are eligible for RAD Teacher at the reduced rate:
- In full-time education (proof required)
- Not currently working (proof required)
- On maternity/paternity/adoption leave (proof required)
- Retired (proof required)
- Over age 65
|RAD Teacher (Inactive)||RAD Registered Teacher|
|Digital Membership card||Yes||Yes|
|Free access to Dance Gazette||Yes||Yes|
|Online Members' Area||Yes||Yes|
|Enter students for exams||No||Yes|
|Full access to the Wolfson Library||Yes||Yes|
Register with us
If you start teaching again, it is a simple process to register as a professional dance teacher with us, subject to the eligibility criteria at the time of application. As an RAD Registered Teacher you will be listed on our register of RAD dance teachers, you can enter students for RAD exams, use the RAD RTS post-nominal and be featured on our online Register of Teachers; you will need to upgrade to RAD Registered Teacher status to enjoy these professional benefits.
All RAD Members must adhere to the Code of Conduct. Membership Terms and Conditions apply.