How to Apply
Guidance for Canadian applicants.
|Programme||Apply by||Apply via|
|Certificate in Ballet Teaching Studies||August 1, 2020||RAD Canada|
- The programme has a limited number of places and therefore early application is recommended.
- The deadline for submitting video/DVD applications is July 1, 2020.
- Late or incomplete applications cannot be accepted.
Application pack and information
If you are having difficulty downloading the application form then please contact Kat Salvador.
Completed applications should be sent to:
Kat Salvador, CBTS Programme Coordinator
Royal Academy of Dance Canada
1210 Sheppard Ave East
If you are planning an in-person visit, please book an appointment with Kat Salvador.
The Royal Academy of Dance is committed to protecting and respecting your privacy. Read our Higher Education Privacy Notice.
Vetting and barring scheme and criminal records
If you are applying for a programme requiring contact with young people and vulnerable adults, you will need to provide a satisfactory police check. For more information please email Kat Salvador.
Certificate in Ballet Teaching Studies
Applicants without formal classical ballet qualifications (Advanced Foundation, Advanced 1, Advanced 2, Intermediate, or an equivalent examination from a recognized dance teaching society) should provide a video/DVD to support their application.
- Certificate in Ballet Teaching Studies Concessionary Entry Guidelines
- Certificate in Ballet Teaching Studies Concessionary Entry Submission Form
- Payment Form
Accreditation of prior learning
If you wish to apply for Accreditation of Prior Learning (APL) please find the relevant documentation under Policy & Procedures. Please read all the guidance carefully before applying.
For further information including the specific modules summaries for each course, please email email@example.com.
All students are required to abide by the procedures and regulations of the Royal Academy of Dance. The General Regulations of the Faculty of Education can be found on the Regulations page and are made available to each student upon enrolment.
Before sending your application, it is important that you check the following:
- Have you completed every section of the application form fully and accurately?
- Have you enclosed the Reference form(s) completed and signed by your chosen referee(s)?
- Have you enclosed the Equal Opportunities Monitoring Form?
- Have you enclosed copies of your highest dance/dance teaching qualifications?
- Have you enclosed copies of your university entrance examinations?
- If English is your second language, have you completed the appropriate English language test and enclosed the test report with your application?
Deadlines During the Application Process:
|July 1, 2020||Submission of student applications supported by video or DVD.|
|August 1, 2020||Submission of student applications supported by documentary evidence.|
|October 1, 2020||Acceptance of offered place on the programme by student to RAD.|
|October 1, 2020||Submission of satisfactory police check by student to RAD.|
|December 1, 2020||Payment of first instalment of tuition fee by student.|