Specifications and syllabus updates
This document is valid from January 2023
Below are documents that list changes to published syllabus content:
- The amendments are grouped by grade, with the most recent information at the beginning of the document
- Each correction is contained within a box
- Each box contains the date of the amendment
- The correction itself is shaded
- Pre-Primary and Primary in Dance
- Grades 1-3
- Grade 4
- Grade 5
- Grade 6
- Grade 8 female
- Grade 8 male
- Intermediate Foundation
- Advanced Foundation
- Advanced 1 (female)
- Advanced 1 (male/female)
- Advanced 2 (male)
- Advanced 2 (female)
Please note: We are aware that the title of the music for B11a: Grade 2 – ‘Turns and parallel assemblés exercise (Music A)’contains an outdated term that is not acceptable. First published in the early 20th century, it certainly does not reflect our values as a welcoming and inclusive organization.
We apologize for this oversight and assure you that we are continually reflecting on our work to ensure that it reflects and represents our diverse global community.
With immediate effect, we are updating all future RAD materials so that this piece of music will be listed as ‘Claude Debussy – Children’s Corner, L113, Number 6’.
If you already own the material, you can download a replacement PDF here to print at home. Of course, if you no longer wish to use this piece, option B is available.
If you have any questions please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Level 2 – the note on page 22 (‘For the classwork reverence, please play DR2-35, page 52’) has been printed in error and should be ignored.
- Level 3, Variation 1 Female – the second page of Benesh Notation for this variation (page 57) is incorrect in the books first published in 2017 (see copyright page). This has been corrected for all subsequent reprints. This link contains the correct version.
Sheet Music Amendments
- Grades 4-5
- Advanced Foundation, P6 – AF-03 Battements glissés and battements jetés exercise music. Listen now.
- Advanced Foundation
- Advanced 1, P34 – A1-25: Révérence – the révérence is not the correct length in the music book. This link contains the correct version.
- Advanced 1
- Advanced 2
For syllabus and music books visit shop.radcanada.org