Silver Swans Licensee Training
The RAD’s Silver Swans initiative is an exciting business opportunity for experienced ballet teachers to expand their expertise and tap into the growing adult dance market.
Silver Swans ballet classes are aimed at over 55s and are delivered by qualified, licensed, dance professionals. They have been developed in response to a growing mature market, drawing on the RAD’s own research into the benefits of dance for older learners.
There are now over 900 Silver Swans Licensees across the UK, USA, Australia, Hong Kong, New Zealand, Mexico and Canada teaching Silver Swans branded ballet classes.
To deliver classes, you must take part in one of our Silver Swans Licensee Training sessions. To be eligible for these sessions, you must:
- hold RAD Registered Teacher status
What will Silver Swans Licensee Training consist of?
Our workshops will introduce experienced ballet teachers to Silver Swans™, with a focus on devising and delivering safe and inclusive ballet classes for older learners, and strategies which engage students with diverse experiences and abilities. The workshop aims to provide practical experience of effective ballet teaching strategies for a group of mixed ability older learners. On completion, you will have:
- an understanding of Silver Swans and the responsibilities and expectations of license holders,
- an awareness of a range of ballet teaching strategies and the benefits of these strategies in relation to the Silver Swans,
- a greater understanding of how to safely modify and deliver ballet repertoire for older learners, and
- a knowledge and understanding of appropriate progression, differentiation and integration considerations for adults of mixed ability.
Benefits of the license
Following successful completion of the training session, you will become a Silver Swans Licensee.
This entitles you to:
- deliver Silver Swans branded ballet classes
- use the Silver Swans Licensee logo
- have access to the marketing toolkit where you will find a range of resources to help you promote your classes
- have your contact details listed on our global map
- buy Silver Swans dancewear at a discount.
Silver Swans is a registered trademark of the Royal Academy of Dance in the UK, European Union and the USA and an unregistered trademark in other territories. Only Silver Swans Licensees are eligible to deliver Silver Swans classes and use the brand name and logo.
What will Silver Swans Licensee Training cost me?
The one day training will cost $200 for an RAD Registered Teacher.
Silver Swans Licensees are required to renew their license annually, no later than the renewal date, to remain a Silver Swan Licensee.
You will be invoiced by our Membership team within 30 days of completing the Silver Swans™ Licensee Training for the cost of the annual license fee as follows:
- RAD Registered Teachers receive a 100% discount on the license fee, and will therefore pay no fee for the year.
If you have any questions about license renewals, please contact email@example.com