Become a Teacher
We have a worldwide network of approximately 8,000 teachers registered with the RAD, gain recognition when you join our professional community.
Become a Registered Teacher today from $285
Completed one of our Faculty of Education programmes within the last year? You can receive a discounted membership rate.CONTACT US
Registered Teacher Benefits
Enter candidates for RAD exams and register your own school as an RAD exam centre. Market yourself on our Find a Teacher map. Show off your qualified status with use of the initials RAD RTS after your name, alongside the RAD Teachers' logo and a Teaching registration certificate.
Receive special member pricing when purchasing from the RAD Canada Shop, or anytime you are registering for CPD courses.
Online and Print
Access to exclusive content in the Members' Area, monthly e-newsletters straight to your inbox and access to both our global and domestic online jobs boards. Welcome pack and membership card, Dance Gazette magazine and Focus on Exams magazine delivered right to your door.
Priority booking on select international events, enter member-only competitions, access to RAD Canada's health and dental insurance plan, plus competitive studio insurance rates.
Eligibility Criteria for RAD Registered Teacher
Teachers should hold one of the following RAD awards:
Current Offered Programmes:
- BA (Hons) Ballet Education (Level 3) (BABE)
- BA (Hons) Dance Education (BADE)*
- Diploma of Higher Education: Ballet Education
- Diploma of Higher Education: Dance Education*
- Diploma in Dance Teaching Studies (DDTS)
- Certificate of Higher Education: Dance Education*
- Certificate of Higher Education: Ballet Education*
- Certificate in Ballet Teaching Studies (CBTS)
- Professional Dancer’s Teaching Diploma (PDTD)
- Master in Teaching (Dance)
- Postgraduate Certificate in Education: Dance Teaching (PGCE:DT)
- Professional Dancers’ Postgraduate Teaching Certificate (PDPTC)
- Licentiate of the Royal Academy of Dance (LRAD)
Previously Offered Programmes:
- Teaching Certificate Programme (TCP)
- Teaching Diploma Programme (TD)
- BA (Hons) in the Art and Teaching of Ballet
*Eligible for RTS upon successful completion of a Teaching portfolio.
Pathway to Registered Teacher Status (RTS)
This course is aimed at teachers with a ballet teaching qualification at Level 4 or higher, or equivalent, and RAD RTS status will be conferred on successful completion of each of the course modules.Find out more
All RAD Members must adhere to the Code of Conduct, Code of Professional Practice for Teachers, and the Supplemental Charter & Bye-Laws.
Membership Terms and Conditions
RAD Teachers’ Hardship Fund
The discretionary RAD Teachers’ Hardship Fund provides discounted membership fees to RAD Registered Teachers who are experiencing financial hardship.Find out more