19 September 2021 1:00 - 3:00 pm EDT
Nutrition and Hydration Considerations for Dance
This webinar will introduce the relevance of good nutrition and adequate hydration to support dancers’ health, well-being, and performance.
This interactive webinar is the third in a series of webinars on healthy dance practice. It will introduce participants to the relevance of good nutrition and adequate hydration to support dancers’ health, well-being, and performance.
This webinar is Core Principle 3 of the Safe in Dance International (SiDI) Healthy Dance Practice Certificate (HDPC), a certificate that participants may choose to undertake while completing the webinar series. Those who choose to pursue the HDPC certificate will be referred to the course tutor to liaise with Safe in Dance International. An additional fee to SiDI is required to pursue certification, which will be co-ordinated between the participant, course tutor, and Safe in Dance International. The 2022 sessions will be available for registration shortly. Please find the schedule below, with all sessions taking place from 1-3pm:
- CP 4: Psychological & Social Aspects of Dance Practice – Oct 17/21
- CP 5: Anatomical & Biomechanical Principles of Alignment for Dance – Nov 28/21
- CP 6: Individual Anatomical Anomalies & Adaptations in Dance – Jan 23/22
- CP 7: Group Specific Needs & Risk Factors in Dance – Feb 27/22
- CP 8: Dance Warm Up & Cool Down – Apr 21/22
- CP 9: Integrated & Complementary Conditioning for Dance – May 19/22
- CP10: Structuring, Sequencing, Progressing, & Learning Considerations in Dance Part I – June 9/22 Structuring, Sequencing, Progressing, & Learning Considerations in Dance Part II – June 23/22
- Explore the basics of nutrition and hydration, including balanced nutritional intakes and effective hydration for dancers in work and training;
- Discuss how food effectively fuels dance activity;
- Discuss the function of hydration and how fluid intake should be considered within the dance session.
- Appreciate the importance of optimal nutrition and hydration and understand how it promotes healthy physical functioning;
- Understand the risks of poor nutrition;
- Be able to offer supplementary guidance on supportive nutrition and hydration for dance activity;
- Be equipped with knowledge of the third core principle of Safe in Dance International’s Healthy Dance Practice Certificate (HDPC), a certificate that participants may choose to undertake while completing the webinar series.
This activity is worth 2 hours of Time-Valued CPD.Book Now
|1:00 - 3:00 pm EDT||2 hours||$35: Teaching Members, including those enrolled on the CBTS programme |
$45: Teaching Non-Members
Who can attend?
- Teachers, including those enrolled on the CBTS programme.
How to apply
Only those who have purchased tickets via Eventbrite AND have registered through Zoom will be able to access the webinar. Once you have registered for the webinar, you will receive access to the live version as well as the recording which will be sent out post webinar.
Note: All participants must register individually.